Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Days

When it's nice out we practically live outside, enjoying our backyard. So if you come over and nobody answers the door and there is a vehicle home, pop in around back and check for us there! Here's what we've been up to in our yard of wonders:Our plastic pool of 4 years broke and it was fun to get to go buy a new one. We got "the big fancy one" that is a good foot radius bigger than our old one with a feature that blew Josh and Jake's mind; a slide. They soon discovered that "if I slide naked I can go fast like navy seals" but there will no pictures of that here :) This is one with Grace and Cody, the angelic children I watch on Friday's (in the pool on the right) The swooshing of the slide mean lots of hydration for my surrounding grass! Who needs play equipment when you have 4 wheeler ramps to climb on?!?

With the mill behind our house closed down the deer are no longer afraid to come down the hill and snack in our garden. This photo also shows how long we let the wilderness get down at the bottom of our lot. I wish I could get my hands on a mini bailer and make some hay! Our poor old mower was smoking after finishing this little plot.
All my boys cruising around the back "checking on man stuff." We are so blessed to have such a great back yard! It means we can pretend to be country doing things like having a nice size garden and irrigating via pumping from our creek.

We got a great deal on some paver stones and are working on prepping ground for a patio. The older boys helped shovel a lot, even Josiah doing some work by hand. Josh helped a ton too by assisting John unload the 4 pallets of paver stones off of John's pick-up! The inside of my house will always be a disaster zone, but I'll tell you with all these workers I'll have the best landscaping on the block for sure!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a creek? Great back yard. Who needs to live in the country when you have that great open space? I agree, the
Burbanks are angelic children!!!

Aly sun said...

I love all this blogging lately! The picture of all the men on the 4 wheeler is great. That's the life.

PS I vote for sell everything you don't use or absolutely love. When you live in a bigger place, you will easily be able to acquire more things.

Peters Family Farms said...

I learned how post date a post so that when I'm having an insomniac night I can do a bunch. :)