Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home

I know this is old news, but we were able to bring Jamin home Wednesday. He was able to leave even though he isn't "healed" completely because I have been there there soaking up what to do, how to care for him, and what to watch for. Otherwise it would be another 3-4 weeks before he has a normal breathing rate. He cannot nurse enough to meet his needs, so along with a little bit of nursing he takes a special bottle of my pumped milk; fed to him in a way that is easy on him but won't get into his lungs. Other than that, we are just doing the normal newborn bit around here.

When we took him outside those hospital doors that afternoon it was his first breath of "real" air, after 18 days of life; the tears of joy were flowing. When I laid in my own bed that night I suddenly felt the heaviness of the situation. Weariness overtook me in every way: emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually.

Ecclesiastes 3:7, "A time to tear and a time to mend."

6 comments:

Applejacks32 said...

I am so glad that you are home. I am praying all is well!!

Aly sun said...

Your burdens have indeed been very great. Praying for your new "normal" to settle in soon. Jamin is so cute! I loved seeing him -- and YOU home.

Sara said...

So happy for you all that you are finally home together as a family!

I'm most likely going to be in town for a few days this week - could we drop by just for a few moments and meet Jamin, or would that be too much of a burden? Don't feel bad saying no if you need to - the newborn days are fresh in my mind. =)

Andee said...

So glad you are all home! We're still praying for you.

Stacy said...

Kelly, you don't know me, but I am friends with Jeff & Alysun. Through blog posts I have been able to follow baby Jamin's journey. I am overwhelmed by God's goodness! I know He answers prayer. I just wanted you to know that I and several of my colleagues here at World Vision have been lifting Jamin up in prayer every week and are now rejoicing with you!

Grace said...

Just the thought of you being home with your little guy in your arms fills me with such joy! Praying for you during this time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!