Friday, March 13, 2009

Anniversary

Well, today we've been married 6 years, and we celebrated by having a hot date all alone in the Silverton Hospital. On Wednesday I started having flu like symptoms and by that night the fever kicked in and wouldn't break. So after an appointment with the midwife Thursday morning she gave me a list of things to do to get my core temperature down and if they didn't work to come into the hospital. So 1:30 am today we went in and they were able to bring me just below 100 degrees and came home around 5 am. So I'm sitting here listening to Josiah talk to himself in bed while hubby and older boys get to go to Jesse's semi-final play off game at Gill. But with John's air card in his new work laptop I can listen to the radio commentary over the web, not the same, but considering I get dizzy and lightheaded when I get up to go to the bathroom, it's the wise (and un-fun) thing to do. I wrote a poem for John I'm hoping to finish to give to him, I'll post it later. Oh, and at my midwife appointment the secretary was like "lets set up your ultrasound date" and I told her that I already had one and showed her my date card, so she called up and low and behold someone didn't do their job. Ahem. So now I have to wait until I'm 22 weeks on March 30th. I can't hardly handle it. I broke down crying telling the secretary "I have 3 little boys at home, I cannot wait much longer!" She obviously hasn't had such an experience because she just rolled her eyes. I know I'm being dramatic but it was like a scenario form a bad dream.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so yucky -- especially on your anniversary. A hospital visit and a delayed ultrasound! What a terrible few days. Get well soon.

Happy anniversary. It is such an encouragement to see you and John's happy marriage.