Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's another BOY!

So yesterday afternoon I was not so surprised to find out we were having another boy. I was expecting it since I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago. You see all of my sons have had heartbeats per minute between 130-145 never higher. My midwives have an unofficial, ongoing study about bpm and gender. The study shows that roughly 80% of the time at 12 weeks gestation 150 bpm and lower = boy and over 150 = girl. When the nurse at the hospital clocked baby in at 140 bpm I started really preparing myself for the reality of 4 boys under 5 years of age. Their future athletic director should thank me now :) So I guess we are going to have our own personal FFA chapter; no not future farmers of America (although I would love that for my sons) but future fathers of America :) So let the ER visits for lacerations and broken bones continue (otherwise there would be no fun to be had!) Getting all of them to adulthood alive will be my biggest accomplishment.

On another note my due date has been pushed forward to August 20th. While I know I'll be miserable by then, the chances of my husband being able to drop everything and attend the birth greatly increases the further away we get from July (frantic combining). And since Josiah was two weeks early and over 8 pounds, it's safe to say that this boy will come securely in August. Which is also good because John and Jacob are July birthdays along with 9 other family members!

I thought the name for the this boy was hammered out, but John didn't expect to actually use the name, so now for the first time we don't already have the first name picked out. If you have any ideas the criteria is this: has to begin with the letter J, has to be biblical, cannot end in an "ah" sound, and cannot begin with Jo. Picky, I know. I never thought I would have to come up with so many boy names so quickly!

5 comments:

Aly sun said...

God knows exactly what is best for our families and this boy is so special. I can't wait to meet him! This is going to be a tough baby to name with those criteria. Here is what I came up with: Jizak (laughter) -- I'm half joking with this one, but it fits the description!, Jared (Hebrew, but not in the Bible), or my favorite, Jonathon (Gift of God).

PS If the heat beat theory is correct, then I'm having a boy I think. It was 140bpm at 11 weeks and 155bpm at 13 weeks.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Wahooo!! Congratulations! I just LOVE little boys.

My nephew's name is Jude, and he is adorable. However, I really love Jared. Cute!

Peters Family Farms said...

Jonathon doesn't work because it's "Jo" and Jude is one that I've brought up every time but it gets shot down with just the look in John's eyes. (do I dare pull the 'ole I'm the one giving birth so I'm going to name him whatever I want? sorry that's the remains of my femisist self)

Alysun- your bpm are very tricky since you have one reading below 150 and one over 150... oh, what a mysterious little one!!! Did you ever get my text? If you did you were the first one to know after John (and the tech). One of my first thoughts after we found out is if his closest cousin will be a boy or girl. Have you set your ultrasound date yet?

Grace said...

I'm so excited for you! My girls heart rates have been all over the place so I can't guess from that! Lydia would have been Jared if she had been a boy. I also kind of like Jairus. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

OK, here's my 2 names

1. Jesse (I know, uncle name, but I like it)

2. James

Marcee