Monday, February 23, 2009

What we've been up to...

So now my dad has 5 grandsons. He let me know that now that we have a full boys basketball team I can now work on the girls' team. In a few weeks we will see!

The other day John taught Josh that another word for teeth were mandibles. I think they were talking about getting popcorn stuck in your teeth, and John likes to use weird words. I think that was Thursday, well Monday night he announced that he chewed his grapes with his mandibles. I laughed my socks off, actually I was barefoot, but you get the idea.

I got puffs tissues with lotion for my Valentine's day present. My last two pregnancies have plagued me with mucus overload, so I guess John thought he was being practical. My reaction would not be found in 'Created to be His Helpmeet.' How would you react to a gift such as this on the romantic holiday fabricated by Hallmark, See's Candies, and Pro Flowers? Ahem.

My Saturday I spent most of the time overdosing on Zofran and Unisom trying to numb the affects of a stomach flu. FUN! Praise the Lord it wasn't one of John's working Saturdays!

Out of sheer boredom I decided to count how many loads of laundry I need to do a week to "stay on top of it" meaning having only one load waiting. It was 31. Yes 31 in 7 days. I just want to do a whoop whoop to my high efficiency, large capacity GE washer and dryer for the abuse it has sustained in the last 2 1/2 years!

In efforts to be healthier (and to avoid strong aromas) we have been uncooking most of our meals. I realized this today when I had to dust my stove top. Amazing.

Josh's last basketball practice/game is Thursday. The following Tuesday will begin indoor soccer. No worries, he will only be playing this sport until 1st grade when he can play flag football.

1 comments:

Sara said...

To be completely honest, I thought John's gift of kleenex with lotion was sweet and thoughtful. Seriously, he had to be aware of the ongoing difficulty you have with this during each pregnancy and was intune with you enough to pick out a gift that he thought would make your life better. But then, I'm not really one for the whole flowers/chocolates/jewelry thing - I prefer more practical gifts. Just be glad you got anything at all - Kevin never gives me gifts any more, non-romantic ones or not! =)