Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bed Rest

I have been feeling really yucky this past week and Thursday night and all day Friday I had several contractions an hour. Exhausted, John took me in Friday night to the birth center to get checked out. I hooked up and my contractions were monitored showing there was no stress to baby or to me, but that the contractions were "real." I was given an IV with some Magnesium Sulfate to help slow down and lessen the intensity of the contractions. Mind you these were painful, but not cross your eyes and squeeze your husbands hand until it turns blue pain. I could either camp out there under hospitalized bed rest until 36 weeks (July 23) or go home and be on strict bed rest. Our insurance covers 80% putting hospitalized bed rest at about $300/day. No thank you! So after they slowed to once every 10 minutes I was sent home and told see you soon, but hopefully not too soon. They are still pretty consistent ranging from 2-10 minutes apart and sometimes enough to bring me to tears, knowing that I get to be in pre-labor for a total of 3 weeks minimum kinda freaks me out. I'm finding myself chanting "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me..." It's the end of my second day and I already feel like I'm going to lose my mind, the last thing a woman in pain wants to do is sit and do nothing but feel it, right! If baby were to be born now he'd probably be o.k. after a week or two in NICU. But it is sooooo much safer to be born at 36 weeks or later. Please pray for Baby Jamin to develop as much as possible before he busts out, and if you volunteer to help watch my kids, please mean it because I'll be calling :)

0 comments: